Friday, September 12, 2008

How it all started...

So, thanks to Peter for setting this site up -- it's totally snazzy, and very fitting of the 10 nerds!

I spent the last few days trying to figure out how it all started... day one of our nerdified group. Peter, please feel free to add to the post accordingly!

So Peter and I went to Kansas State University, both of us nerds in the truest sense: working on our bachelor's computer engineering degrees, getting our hands dirty with our own computers -- which of course was our number one hobby no matter what anyone may have said, and both of us whole-heartedly dedicated our computer assistance to those who needed it. We enjoyed watching Nova, and really anything on The Discovery Channel or The Learning Channel.

The first class that I remember seeing Peter in was Circuit Theory I, with good ol' KHC. Remember KHC's infamous grading scale? And that effing line! Well, only those who've actually experienced the wonder that is KHC will ever understand...

Anyway, Circuit Theory I was quite a kick in the junk, if I may say so myself. I believe our first test was mediocre at best... with our third test having a class average of 30%. I believe I ended up with a 62% overall in the course, and received a B. It was quite the rollercoaster!

Speaking of which, I need to dig up my old list of quotes from these profs. Peter and I used to write them down in the middle of class -- as some of the EECE professors had some gems of quotes!

Well, at one point after Circuit Theory I, it could have been Linear Systems... he and Bobby and I decided that we should stick together and study. Some Hi-C Orange shots later, we passed all of our classes (sometimes by the skin on our chins), and the rest is history!

Now Peter and I frequently do what I call "nerd-out." We discuss some of the current tech things that may come up in the news or on the net, maybe also a new technique which enables us to be more efficient nerds, and we frequently have convos on the impact these tech things have on our lives. It's all really great!

Thus, the point of this whole blog! Hopefully this will give us an avenue to 1), get some of the crap out of our brains and 2), share it with anyone who wants to know!

Hope you all enjoy!

No comments: