Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Wikipedia Game

My friend Nikki brought this up as something she'd done from time to time, and I thought, "How have I not done this before?!"

You see, I can spend HOURS clicking through Wikipedia, going from one random article to another to another. How did I not see the potential game involved! Here are the rules, but let me quickly explain:

You click a "random article" on Wikipedia, jot that down. Click the "random article" link once more, and manage to find a path from the two articles ONLY using hyperlink clicks. If you're doing this in parallel, the winner is the one who does it the fastest and/or the one who finishes first.

Here's one I just did:

Begin: North Branch Correctional Institute
End: Brazilian science and technology

My Path:
  1. North Branch Correctional Institute
  2. Maryland
  3. National Institute of Standards and Technology
  4. United States Department of Commerce
  5. International Trade Administration
  6. World Trade Organization
  7. Brazil
  8. Brazilian science and technology

Enjoy!

2 comments:

R.W. Shipshape said...

You WOULD be good at this--you master searcher, you! My list of steps would be way longer.

Mr. Carney said...

Lake Dusia <--> Shelf Life (Fairly Oddparents Special)

Lake Dusia
Lithuania
European Union
London
Sherlock Holmes
Shelf Life