Monday, June 8, 2009

Keeping Up with Everything

For a long time I used Bloglines to keep up with my RSS feeds.

I attempted to switch to Google Reader, but found it frustrating because I was so used to Bloglines and because of a few "quirks" so I gave up.

After becoming frustrated again a few months ago, I switched to Google Reader and was able to see just how much more superior it is to Bloglines. Here's why:

1. Speeeeeeed! Bloglines updated maybe 1 time in 30 minutes. Which was good and bad, but mostly bad. Google Reader updates very often!
2. Easier to keep track of items of interest. With Bloglines, you would have to keep an item "as new", so it would show up every time you viewed the feed. With Google Reader, you can star items (like in Gmail) and it's much easier!

What do you think?

No comments: