Friday, December 5, 2008

ThinkGeekWeek #1

So, inspired by Peter, Think-Geek and the incoming holiday season... I've decided to (try and) post daily Think-Geek products that us nerds just love. It's a love not easily explained, as to most these items may seem terribly ridiculous (and in all actuality, we do to an extent too), but regardless, it takes some creativity to come up with some of these things!

It all started when I bought a fun t-shirt off of Think Geek's website one Christmas, and from that point on, they've sent me catalogs around the holiday shopping season.

I got mine in the mail this past weekend... WOO!!

So, to head things off, I'll post an item that at first made me laugh really hard (I had to contain myself in the coffee shop), but it's well suited for the time of the year...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/a823/

Laser-Guided Scissors






Yeah, questionable. Firstly, Don't cut my hair with those thick scissors, and secondly, I'm not sure the laser really adds anything to the whole thing... I mean, really, it's projecting where you'll cut, when the blade is only an inch away from the surface anyway; so... yeah, hmm. :) Maybe not.

2 comments:

R.W. Shipshape said...

I used those scissors on my last haircut and it made allll the difference! I don't know what I would have done without that laser!

:)

Mr. Carney said...

I can see how the laser might come in handy if you were cutting your own hair. But I would think it would be kind of dangerous, you know, using a mirror to look at a laser. Is that as dangerous as it sounds?