Sunday, October 5, 2008

Random as a...Rocket Scientist?

We all know the saying "Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist."

Questions:
1. Is this a passive aggressive attempt at knocking the rocket scientists of the world because we're jealous?

2. Why is a rocket scientist THE definitive profession for the smart people?
2a. Is it because NASA needs rocket scientists and no one wants to be one?
2b. Is it to encourage people to be rocket scientists? -- I'm going to guess here, but I would say 50% of rocket scientists became so because they wanted to say (or wear some t-shirt that says) "I'm a rocket scientist".

3. Do rocket scientists say this?

1 comment:

R.W. Shipshape said...

Peter! Greetings from Kelly! I hope you're well, old friend.

On rocket science: All very excellent observations you've made. Even the 6th grade version of me had a little pin on her bookbag that said, "Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist."