Saturday, May 16, 2009

Macbook iSight green light issues -- EASY FIX!

That is, if it's not actually broken.

So, I was really freakin' out for a moment when my Macbook's iSight froze up for the 2nd time. The green indicator light (which says the camera is on or broken) came on as the computer booted, and then when I tried to open an application that uses the iSight, it gave me a black screen.

The first time, I just removed the battery for a few hours, and upon reboot, it was just fixed. I thought it was some fluke.

This time, I began to worry -- why was this some kind of recurring issue? Well, seems like you can pretty easily fix the issue by resetting your PRAM (parameter random access memory) and your NVRAM (nonvolatile random access mem). There's an apple.com post here describing how to do just that.

Wheew!

No comments: